Well that flew by didn’t it. Last year saw the inaugural review of this blog’s output, and thankfully things have gone onwards and upwards from there.
- 2016 saw 8,365 unique visitors to the site overall (up from 5,292 in 2015).
- December 2016 was the highest month on record with 1,295 views.
- Over half the views were from the UK, USA second and Canada third.
This year saw 24 articles published. Not nearly as many as I’d hoped but still a step in the right direction. One of my 2015 goals was to write more regularly, but alas at times life got in the way. Nevertheless, the site continues to rise in traffic so hopefully that means the quality is there if not the quantity.
The top five most read posts this year were:
- The Ultimate Guide to Organising a Stag Do (3rd, 2015)
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing a Best Man’s Speech (1st, 2015)
- Nest and Yale’s Smart Linus Lock Postponed Until 2017 (New)
- What To Do If Your iPhone Is Stolen Abroad (16th, 2015)
- Vegan Beer and Morality Choices (5th, 2015)
The main goal for 2017 will be a revamp of the site to a slightly more magazine format. This will mainly mean simple menu structures and hierarchies that will allow users to navigate across the site to other articles more easily.
In addition, plans are well underway for a new version of my freelance site that will include far better integration with this blog. I’m always keen to keep the two fairly separate, but some overlap will hopefully help traffic for both sites.
Lastly, to whoever you are that stumbles across Get Off The Bandwagon, thanks for reading. When I started blogging in 2005, having over 10,000 hits in a year seemed like pipe dream. It’s great to know that it’s appreciated. Here’s to 2017.